Monday, August 22, 2011

Anderson Is Good On Radio Too







Anderson Cooper Visits Elvis Duran



August 22, 2011 at 7:35 AM (PT)




Live this morning on CLEAR CHANNEL Top 40 WHTZ (Z100)/NEW YORK and syndicated ELVIS DURAN AND THE MORNING SHOW, CNN's ANDERSON COOPER surprised DURAN when he showed up in the studio with iced coffees for everyone. An impressed DURAN said, "I have read your book, I watch your show, I wear your Mom's jeans."



DURAN brought up the recent GERARD DEPARDIEU incident in which COOPER lost his composure when reporting on the "urination incident." COOPER said, "I was laughing like a 13-year-old at a JUSTIN BIEBER concert -- one person said my giggle sounds like a unicorn farting rainbows."



Co-host CAROLINA BERMUDEZ asked COOPER how his new TV show will be different than the one on CNN. COOPER responded, "It’s not a news program. It’s going to be a daytime talk show. I’m 44, I’ve been doing this for 20 years and wanted to do something more fun and allow myself to be more well-rounded." He’ll also continue his evening news show.



DURAN acknowledged COOPER's privileged background and expressed appreciation for him doing something good for the world, unlike other pop culture icons of the same background, to which COOPER said sarcastically, "I think PARIS HILTON has done an awful lot of good. What are you trying to say?"



When DURAN asked COOPER who in the news makes him laugh, and what his thoughts were about KIM KARDASHIAN getting married, COOPER didn’t even know about the upcoming wedding.